Friday, March 21, 2008

YES, THERE IS A SEASON FOR ALL THINGS - I JUST HAPPEN TO LIKE SPRING BEST!




And there really is a season for all things

while some seasons are less obvious than another

There is a time to sew; a time to reap

and sometime there is weeping done
by a grieving mother

We rarely see the tiny sprout - the tree that never was

But we hope that seedling that was given to the river

Found a new life....
'just because - just because'

We see that river - rippling ..sometimes calm

We hear the birds as they nest in the tree

We hear the music; we hear the psalm

Yet, if our ears are deafened at birth

Is there still a joy - a true delight

And if we're blind and can not see

Is there really a day

and a star-lit night

Five senses we're supposed to receive

But if shy a few of those

Can we still believe

And if we can't have a mind that comprehends

does that mean the river never bends

The river does, as rivers do

The universe is universal

So it really can see you

And if I was looking back to see

If you were looking back at me

To see if I was looking back at you

Then where 1 or more are gathered

There I shall also be
- yes, 'tis true.

But when there is only 1; this - too

Shall be called a gathering

When 1 is joined with spirt and self
it's definitely a 'smathering'

I don't know how to weigh a smathering

I do not have a chart

I do not need a scale

I only need a heart.



Diane Stirling-Stevens,

February 11, 2008 (from my book of poems)
(c) 2/11/08.