Friday, March 21, 2008

AND WHEN I GET A BIT CYNICAL - OR FACE REALITY, I WRITE MORE PROSE.



Playing Dominoes
when you don't have any...

Diane Stirling-Stevens, January 30, 2008

I saw a film about a tiger
In the zoo
Who
Shared his cage with 6 piglets.

I see a lion
In the zoo
Who lays down with the lamb
Because the zoo feeds him dinner

I see the zoo
and wonder if it's like a Super-power
The government who provides
..some, but not all

When the zoo fails to feed that tiger;
When the zoo doesn't bring the lion
His dinner
I see 6 piglets as the main course
And the lamb turned into lamb-chops

When the zoo can't pay its workers
The zoo will lay the workers off
The workers will climb on each other
As one slave climbs on the back of another
To get out of the quarry
To quarrel..............

The lion and the tiger will fight
There will be blood; death, and their
Off-spring will be meat for the
Vultures
And what vulture
will be content
to lie down
with 6 piglets
and a few
lambs?

W. Diane Stirling-Stevens
January 30, 2008
Written while our I-net server was down over 5.5 hours, and could
give us no answers why.

Guess that was good, because I wanted to get this bit of prose done
someday when I had time - today, thanks to CMA, I had the time.

Smile.................................