Friday, March 21, 2008

OKAY, SO ONCE IN A WHILE I WRITE A POEM TO HELP A 'CHUBBY' FRIEND....


"Just Being"

I think I'm burning calories
I think I'm going to sneeze
I think I might have a cold
I know I might be a wee bit old
I think that if I'm 'just being'
A bit of weight-loss I'll be seeing
I think if I eat a bit
My clothes (soon) will fit
I think if I eat a lot
I might not like the 'bod' I've got
I think and therefore, I am
I think I'd like a chunk of ham
I noticed Emeril's gaining weight with 'bam'
He should spray his pans with Pam
Some use too much olive oil
Some fry while I steam and boil
I might sound like a scary witch
I might like a tomato sandwich
Boil, boil, toil and trouble
Watch my chicken soup do a bubble
See the pounds vanish this year
I'm so glad I've 'settled here'.......
Where others care about my goal
Where some even feel my loving soul.....
Where I can post my beautiful smile
Now it's time I walked that mile
..or two, and maybe three..
As I get
more beautiful - myself,
I, and Me!