Friday, March 21, 2008

BUDDAH-BEING BY ROBIN URTON; POEM BY DIANE STIRLING


For Robin's Father

Today I walked among the trees

Lulled by the music of the birds

Caressed by the soft,

Warm summer's breeze

Life and death - both join the moist morning air

I am 'linked' - ever so inter-twined

No life is without purpose

No death without some despair

The warm soft earth beckons my return

it's black; it's soft - comforting is the sod

It holds the roots of the Redwood;

It will hold me safe when I return to God

No one breaks the chain of life

The cycle that ends

With a new beginning

No one decides who loses the battle to breathe

No one declares (but God) who is

Winning

So, I beckon the morning; walk upon this humid sod

I'll pass through that portal - farther from my home-land

But closer to the hand of God.

Yes, this is the God that some define;

Others just accept

...some require no definition

But one thing they all have in common...

.......all of them, have wept.

Love, Diane