Saturday, March 22, 2008

'SHE CARRIED ME' - FOR SANDIE SMITH - ROLLINGS-RANCH...

I need you; Macee is hurt
hurt - my mind rhymes
this word
with Pert
..shampoo..
..who..
Oh yes, I think P&G
and I remember
"She carried me"
Night-air stings my face; cold - dark
I race
to see my injured soul-mate
I must hold her
the word is
embrace...
I'm choking; I take a short and
anxious breath
with pounding heart and
frightened mind...
"Will this mean Macee's death"?
How warm and sleek is her coat; yet wet
and
why is that left hind leg configured in this
way?
What has happened in these past few hours
..what happened on this January day..
Surreal - the still of time ever standing
while
Macee is not
A phone is shoved into my ear
..this life-line for my beloved
and I feel so weak;
my forehead's hot.
The bucket drops; the curtain falls
A stall - sweet hay; it feels like
prison walls....
We breathe - together; a rhythmic wave
as tears stream down my tired face,
I remember all the joy and love
Macee gave....
I hold her precious head; she lets it rest
so easily in my lap
I think about her earthly life; then
wondering
if she goes to heaven,
can she 'read that heavenly map'?
The hands of time have moved too fast
yet the memory of Macee will ever last
Medication injected;
the pain is lessened
peace
and calm in Macee - yes I see
and I'll always cherish
the memory .. 'my' memory,
...yes...
'she carried me'.

For Sandie Smith, and 'Macee' - Macee died
1/11/08.

Written by Sandie's friend:

Diane Stirling-Stevens